As you have surely seen during your visits to our office, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our strict processes have consistently made the care you receive at ABO both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some changes along with our already strict infection control protocols. For example:
- Our office will ask that you sign a final COVID-19 release form asking some screening questions.
- We are asking that you brush your teeth at home so you will be ready for your appointment.
- When entering the office, we will ask you to use hand sanitizer at the check-in station which we will supply. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Face covering are optional in the lobby but anyone going into the clinic is required to wear one (we will award bonus Smile points).
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other items which cannot be properly disinfected. You are encouraged to bring your own iPad, reading materials, etc.
- Parents are welcome to wait in their vehicle during our patient’s appointment or there is limited seating in the lobby. If you choose to wait in the car, our technician will call you when the appointment is over to give you updates.
- Due to the additional PPE the team is wearing the office is set at a cooler temperature. The patient may want to bring a jacket or sweatshirt to keep warm.
Thank you for being choosing ABO for your orthodontic care. We value your trust and loyalty.
Dr. Angela Becker and team