Mixed Berry and Cream Cheese Baked French Toast
by Sam H. & Terri B.
- 12 slices bread
- 1 8 ounce package fat free cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 12 eggs (or equal amount of egg substitute)
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- Break up or use scissors to cut bread into bite sized cubes. Place all cubes in a well greased 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes, about 3/4 ", and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs or pour in substitute. Stir in the milk. Pour over the bread and let soak or gently stir until all bread is saturated. Do not over stir or the bread cubes will crumble up.
- Spoon in the berries and add the cream cheese. I usually wear a glove and push some of the cream cheese and berries down into the bread mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20-30 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- You may also make this the day before and refrigerate. If refrigerated, put on counter for 30 min prior to baking.
- In a small pan, combine all ingredients, except the berries and butter, until smooth.
- Turn on heat and bring to a boil while stirring constantly over med. heat. Reduce heat and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the berries and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Add butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!