Tarragon Dijon Chicken Asparagus
by Betsy M.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 green onions
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- salt to taste
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and cut on the diagonal into 2 inch pieces.
- Place chicken between waxed paper and using a meat mallet or hammer, gently pound to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl or plastic bag. Toss chicken in flour, then shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook, turning occasionally, just until it loses its pink color and starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice onions and dissolve bouillon in 1/2 c. boiling water.
- Add bouillon, wine and mustard to pan, stirring to distribute the mustard. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, cover and continue to cook until chicken feels springy and asparagus is as done as you like.
- Stir in onions and tarragon.
- Remove chicken to a platter.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream and salt to taste. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Great with rice or new potatoes or even over noodles. Only 274 calories per serving! (If you prefer more sauce, double the following ingredients when you're cooking the sauce: bouillon cube, dry white wine, Dijon mustard, dried tarragon and light sour cream. You may need to add a bit more flour to thicken it.) Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!