Apricot Oat Bars
(non chewy) by Maryann U.
- 1 13 ounce jar apricot jam or preserves For Filling
- 8 dried apricots chopped in to 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup grapenuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted (2 sticks)
- 1 egg room temp, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 metal dish with veg oil. Line the bottom and sides of pan with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with veg oil. filling: Mix jam and apricots-set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Stir in the oats and grapenuts. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and stir together.
- Using a fork lightly press half of the crust mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Using a spatula, spread the filling over the crust leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge of the pan. Cover the filling with the remaining crust mixture and gently press to flatten. Bake until light golden brown, about 30-35 minutes. Cool one hour. Cut into bars. Store in airtight container.
- optional: You can substitute apples for apricots and walnuts for grapenuts. (Walnuts for after braces :))
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!