Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Paula K.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz pkg)
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (optional)
- In mixing bowl beat shortening and butter together with electric mixer, then add the sugars and baking soda.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla till combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as possible. Stir in remaining flour. Add chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!