by Dawn O.
- 1 8 ounce box manicotti, uncooked
- 1 3/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed fresh garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 30 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- Brown and drain the sausage.
- Add spaghetti sauce and 1 c. water. Mix well. Heat to boil then reduce heat to simmer; cover.
- Mix ricotta, 2 c. mozzarella and parmesan cheese in a separate bowl. Add egg to cheese mixture. Add spices to cheese mixture.
- Fill uncooked manicotti with cheese mixture.
- Put small amount of sauce and sausage mixture in bottom of 13 x 9 " pan. Place filled manicotti in pan on top of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti. Top with remaining 1 c. mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Take of foil the last 15 minutes of cooking. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!