Hearty Tortellini Soup
by Tricia P.
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup peeled & chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 24 ounce can canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 2 tsp basil
- salt & pepper to season
- 4 cups fresh spinach, torn
- cheese tortellini
- Heat olive oil in large pot.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, zucchini and mushrooms. Sauté until carrots are soft.
- Add stewed tomatoes, broth, basil and seasonings. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add spinach, stir, then simmer 10 more minutes.
- Add tortellini, stir and cook until tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!