For Peanut Butter & Chocolate Lovers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbs butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate bar
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 10 tbs Jif regular creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make crust. Cut 2 oz of semi-sweet baking chocolate bar into small pieces. Cut butter into small pieces.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of all purpose flour and 5 tablespoons of butter. With hand, mix well until crumbly. Add chocolate pieces to the bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer to 9 inch pie pan with no stick cooking spray, press the dough firmly on the bottom of the pan and bake for 20-23 minutes. Let it coon.
- In the mean time, in a bowl, beat 3 oz of cream cheese, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Mix well. Add 10 tablespoons of peanut butter. Mix well until smooth. Then add 8 oz of Cool Whip to the bowl and mix well.
- Chop the rest of 1 oz of semi-sweet baking chocolate bar and put them into a bowl. Heat 1 cup of hot water in a sauce pan over low heat, place the chocolate bowl over the hot water. When chocolate starts to be melt, turn off the heat and stir frequently until smooth and completely melted.
- Pour the peanut butter filling on the crust and drizzle melted chocolate on top. Cover with plastic wrap and Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- When the ice pie is set, sprinkle crushed peanuts on top. Cut the pie and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!