Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
by Lisa R.
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken
- 1 14.5 ounce can can chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbl cilantro chopped
- 2 cups water
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Top with tortilla strips and sour cream if desired!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!