Supreme Caramel Apple Rolls
by Tracey G. ( 2011 Recipe Contest Winner!)
- 1 21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped, (Optional)
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened (may use 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 ounce packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Heat Oven to 400°. Spray 13-in x 9-in x 2 in baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix Apple Pie Filling and Smuckers Caramel Ice Cream topping and place in the bottom of the baking Dish. If using Pecans place on top of Apple Pie Mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar.
- Separate dough into 2 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spread ½ Cream Cheese Mixture on top of each rectangle. Starting with the long side of each rectangle, roll up: seal edges. With a serrated knife, cut each roll into 12 slices.
- In a small bowl Mix Sugar and Brown Sugar together. Dip each slice in butter, and dredge in sugar mixture. Place each slice in Baking Dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes, until center rolls are golden. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve Warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!